Monday, October 11, 2010

Gay marriage.

I am always irritated by the debate about gay marriage. I think that the government shouldn't be involved with marriage at all, so as far as I'm concerned it's a moot point. If some people, gay or straight, want to say that they're married, then go for it. As for tax breaks, I think everyone should have to pay the same amount of tax with no reductions for children, so that (in my opinion) is also inconsequential.
I don't know much about this so there's a good chance I missed some important aspects of it. Anyone who disagrees with me, go ahead and let me know what those are.

3 comments:

  1. A big part of the to-do about gay marriage is the conflation of marriage as a religious institution and marriage as a means for certain government benefits. It's pretty stupid how out of hand it gets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't think the government should hand out any benefits at all so I think it's pointless...but in any case the government shouldn't deal with it as a religious institution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penn Jillete, a big time libertarian, said in his youtube show that he thinks that only religious organizations should grant marraiges. But as far as governmental regulations go everyone gets a "civil union" and that goes for gay or heteros. Definitely against a constitutional ban on gay marriage.

    ReplyDelete